In KEMPO GLADIATOR division there will be a sport fighting using safe soft weapons as well as a specified protective equipment .
KEMPO GLADIATOR division will be judged like a sport fighting with points scored by judges.
Age Categories in KEMPO GLADIATOR
– Juniors : 16-18 (16,17) Female , 16-18 Male (16,17) , 16-18 (16,17) Mixt
– Youths : 18-20 (18,19) Female , 18-20 (18,19) Male , 18-20 (18,19) Mixt
– Seniors B : 20-37 Female , 20-37 Male , 20-37 Mixt
– Seniors A ( Masters ) : +37 Female , +37 Male ,+37 Mixt
Techniques permitted in KEMPO GLADIATOR :
All techniques are permitted to the BODY , HEAD , HANDS and LEGS .
There must be not chaotic strikes and must be techniques who original belong to the traditional weapon like :
– Katana (long sword): hitting, poking, blocking, cutting and throwing.
– Wakizashi (sort sword): hitting, poking, blocking, cutting and throwing.
– Nunchaku: (chucks): hitting, poking, blocking and throwing.
– Ni-cho Tanbo (short sticks): hitting, poking, blocking.
– Tinbei (shield): hitting, poking, blocking.
– Bo (long Stick): hitting, poking, blocking.
Techniques not permitted in KEMPO GLADIATOR:
Poking in throat area, with any part of a safe soft weapon.
Points in KEMPO GLADIATOR:
– Every clear hit, poke, cut or permitted throwing technique : 1 point.
– It is considered a good technique a touchpointed technique , a technique who has a turn/return traiectory to the permitted target .
– If the attacker break his weapon, the referee will give automatically to the attacker one minus (-1) point, because of the way of too hard hitting. The attacker is allowed to continue the fight with a new weapon.
Other rules in KEMPO GLADIATOR:
– Within throwing techniques, the throwing weapon must hit any place of the opponent to score a point.
– In case the throwing weapon is not hitting the body of the opponent, the competitor who was throwing will lose one point (-1).
– In case the throwing competitor use more than two weapons and lost a weapon by throwing, he can (must) go on with one weapon left. In this case the referee will not stop the fight, and the throwing competitor will not lose one point. After one of the competitors score a point, the competitor who was lost his weapon, can take his weapon again and continue the game again with two weapons.
– In Kempo Gladiator the weapons who can be throw are just : Nunchaku, Sai, Suruchin .
Gender Categories in KEMPO GLADIATOR:
How to win in KEMPO GLADIATOR:
– By decision
– By abandon
– Anytime during the fight when one of the competitors gets a total of five ( 5 ) points .
Protective equipment in KEMPO GLADIATOR:
– Groin protection for men and chest protection for women , just under the clothes.
– Headgear mandatory with closed plastic mask in front of the face
– Red/Blue belts depending by the corner.
Fighting time in KEMPO GLADIATOR :
– Fighting time : 1 round x 3 minutes .
– In case of a draw there will be an extra round until one of competitors will get a point . In the extra round the first one who get a point will be the winner .
Refereeing and Judgment in KEMPO GLADIATOR :
– 1 REFEREE (central referee with judge’s rights) + 2 JUDGES (on aside to the fighting area).
– The referee will stop the fight after every action whenever he considers somebody must be pointed.
– After decision of the referees , the central referee will shout to the table judge (score judge) the number of points earned and the color of the competitor scored (ex.: Red, 1 point!) and will show with one hand (competitor colored) the competitor scored and with the same hand the number of points given, overhead. The referee has to ensure that the score-judge scored the points to the score-table.
– The referee will stop the fight after every action, and shout STOP, whenever he consider somebody must be pointed. The Central Referee will ask the side judges for their opinion, by the word POINTS. The judges and the Referee will show the score (red/blue) in the same time the Central Referee shouts POINTS.
– The judges could ask for the attention during the fight of the referee, by knocking with their 2 color wooden red and blue signs. After this signal the referee could stop the fight, by STOP and shout POINTS to see the score. He also will show his opinion in this case (red/blue). If the referee considers that there was no scored action involved, he will let the action continue and signal with his hands NO SCORE.
– If there will be a majority decision (ex: 2 from 3 judges) the referee will score points and he will show this decision to the main table in order to be noted there. If the ring referee decides that, he could consult the judges about a score decision and ask for the decision again.
– After decision the referee will shout to the table judge (score judge) the number of points earned and the color of the competitor scored (ex.: Red, 1 point!) and will show with one hand (competitor colored) the competitor scored and with the same hand the number of points given, overhead. The referee has to ensure that the score-judge scored the points to the score-table.
– In case of a broken weapon by hitting the opponent, the fighter of the broken weapon will receive –1 point. If the same competitor (in the same fight) will do it again he will be disqualified. So in conclusion for repeated broken weapon the author will receive, –1 point, disqualification. The same procedure will be applied for very hard strikes, without any control of them.
– For any illegal techniques and for stepping out of the fighting area (just if the competitor is trying to escape by the opponent attacks ) the fighter will receive: warning , warning , minus 1 point, disqualification.
– Warnings will be given by the central referee without consulting the side judges. He will show with one hand (competitor color) to the competitor who earned the warning. The referee has to ensure that the score-judge scored the warnings to the score-table.
– Penalty -1 point will be scored as +1 point on the opponent score table
– The score for STEPPING OUT will be kept in separately counter on the score table for each competitor.
– The score for OTHER FOULS will be kept in separately counter on the score table for each competitor.