ICSSPE: (International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education)
Membership consists of government organizations and NGOs (non-governmental organizations) responsible for sports, sports science, physical education and sports and recreation in their countries; international sports federations; international organizations in the field of sports science, physical education, recreation and sports; and research institutes and schools in physical education and sports science.
ICSSPE is recognized as:
– Formal Associate of UNESCO
– As “Recognized International Organization” by the IOC
– Collaborates with WHO on major projects.
The fundamental objectives of ICSSPE are:
- Encourage international cooperation in sports science;
- Promote, stimulate and coordinate scientific research in the fields of exercise, physical education and sports around the world and support the application of its results in various practical sports fields;
- Make scientific knowledge of sport and practical experience available to all interested national and international organizations and institutions, especially those in developing countries;
- Facilitate differentiation in sports science and promote the integration of the different branches;
- Support and implement initiatives with goals similar to those pursued by themselves and initiated or developed by another appropriate agency or organization in the field.
The current president of ICSSPE is Prof. Dr. Margaret Talbot.
For more info: https://www.icsspe.org/